What is The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System?
The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System is best described as a police academy for civilians. The scenario-based training develops students both physically as well as mentally. Since 2003, the C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System has proven to be not only a powerful and rewarding experience for students, it has also proven to be a powerful self-defense business system.
The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System is a Licensed program and is not a franchise.
Where Did C.O.B.R.A. Come From? from C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense on Vimeo.
Who is it for?
The C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System is for school and club owners and instructors who seek:
- Adult Students
- Fresh New Income
- Local Media
If you already have a school, C.O.B.R.A.™ is a great addition that adds additional revenue and funnels more people to your other, existing programs.
If you don't have a school: no problem. C.O.B.R.A.™ can be taught anywhere.
You must be:
- 18 years old or older
- In good standing with the law and community. No criminal arrest that have to do with:
- Sexual battery
- Animal abuse
- Capitol crimes of any type
- Felony drug charges
The COBRA organization will not allow anyone who does not meet the outlined criteria to become certified. Those wishing to become certified must fully disclose if they do not meet the standard qualifications and if information is produced in the future immediate action and termination of the individual credentials will occur.
What's in it for me?
Entrepreneur magazine said, "Self-Defense is Big Business!" We totally agree.
If you like the idea of a new full or part time income stream that is spent teaching self-defense to a huge market ready to pay you well for the opportunity, this is for you.
The Immediate Value You Get When You Join C.O.B.R.A. - Quick Overview from C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense on Vimeo.
Why is C.O.B.R.A.™ different?
COBRA-Defense doesn’t have a martial protocol (i.e. uniforms, bowing, stances, and so on). It follows an academy format that is similar to a police academy/training camp. This is used world-wide for training purposes including athletic teams, military, police, and so on. It creates a bond among students and has a positive effect on how students view "combative arts."
This 2 minute video illustrates the differences further:
What do C.O.B.R.A.™ students have to say about C.O.B.R.A.™?
What do school owners have to say about C.O.B.R.A.™?
How does C.O.B.R.A.™ help me attract adult students?
Do you have a martial arts school that relies primarily on children? This video explains why you need to grow your adult clients:
Cobra-Defense Story - How Cobra grows all of your programs. from C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense on Vimeo.
What are the five ways C.O.B.R.A.™ grows my adult clients?
Learn more about what C.O.B.R.A.™ is and the five ways it grows your school as well as the economics of C.O.B.R.A.™.
How much revenue can C.O.B.R.A.™ generate?
When it comes to increasing revenue by as much as six-figures per year, you need a proven plan that works. C.O.B.R.A.™ Defense is that plan. Log in to get instant, free access to previews then view the Revenue page for a complete breakdown of how C.O.B.R.A.™ can generate six figures for your school.
Do I need to be a black belt to teach C.O.B.R.A.™?
No, because C.O.B.R.A.™ is not a traditional martial art. While we welcome martial artists, we have non-martial artists teaching C.O.B.R.A.™ and even opening their own facilities.
What if I already have a martial arts school or fitness club?
Great! C.O.B.R.A.™ is a proven funnel that grows your other programs. 75% of C.O.B.R.A.™ graduates moving on to the C.O.B.R.A.™ facility's other non-C.O.B.R.A.™ programs is not uncommon. And that's not by mistake. It's by design. As an official C.O.B.R.A.™ Instructor we walk you through the methods to make this happen.
What if I don't have a school?
No school? No problem, C.O.B.R.A. Can Be Taught Anywhere.
Will C.O.B.R.A.™ interfere with my specific martial art style?
C.O.B.R.A.™ is specifically designed not to interfere with any martial art "because it is not one." C.O.B.R.A.™ creates an intense desire in students to want to start training in a martial art. You could think of it as a ten-week soft sell on your martial arts program. Students are left wanting more following their 10 Week Academy.
This video outlines limiting patterns in the industry and how to change them immediately.
Paving The Way To Success By "Breaking An Industry Cycle" - Part 1 from C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense on Vimeo.
How do I get students to sign up for my other program(s) after they complete their C.O.B.R.A.™ training?
Follow the systematic renewal process in the instructor manual and allow C.O.B.R.A.™ national support help you as you progress via email, phone, and web. Stay consistent with the curriculum. We lay out in detail when and how to reach out to C.O.B.R.A.™ students during their training to maximize conversions to your other program(s) as well as conversions to your other (or repeat) C.O.B.R.A.™ programs.
How will this affect my current schedule?
C.O.B.R.A.™ takes up very little time and adds tremendous value. The 10 Week Academy is usually run 2 nights per week from 7-8pm at night (or whatever fits in your facility schedule) for 10 weeks. One Day Survival Camps are 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours, usually on a Saturday.
Do I need to hire additional staff?
Not at all. C.O.B.R.A.™ self-defense programs are conducted with a lead instructor and any additional staff you might have. It can be instructed with one instructor who can also be a role player. You can also have a lead instructor and a role player. Keep in mind you don't need a role player every class. Many times your current student body and C.O.B.R.A.™ graduates will pitch in as safeties and assistants. Many questions you have will be answered during your instructor certification.
What is the best way to advertise for C.O.B.R.A.™?
If your school is already established, you can fill many academies by just announcing it to your current clientele, whether martial art or fitness. You will also gain students using our professional marketing material we've built for C.O.B.R.A.™ licensees.
We not only walk you through the methods that have shown results for other schools such as free and paid use of social media, online directories, lead generation tools, videos, newspapers, flyers, articles, optimized use of a C.O.B.R.A.™ website and more but we actually provide the professionally-designed promotional material to get you up and running quick. You will also be supplied with selling sound bites and market and upgrade strategies.
How does the online certification work?
- Get immediate step-by-step online video & text instruction.
- Study manuals, DVD and other printed material which are sent to you.
- Take online quizzes that test your command of what you have learned. Go at your own pace. You can re-study specific areas of the training and retake tests as you like.
- You will have access to C.O.B.R.A.™ officials to ask questions if needed.
- Once you have passed the testing, you will become an official C.O.B.R.A.™ Instructor. You will be sent your official C.O.B.R.A.™ Instructor Certification as well as physical marketing material and be listed in our official C.O.B.R.A.™ Instructor directory. In addition you will gain access to the complete Marketing C.O.B.R.A.™ online component with instruction and 24 hour-access marketing material downloads.
- Optionally, you can have live certification training with C.O.B.R.A.™-creator Chris Sutton either at C.O.B.R.A.™ headquarters in Clearwater, FL or have Chris come to your school or club.
- You will continue to have 24 hour access to training and marketing material as well as access to C.O.B.R.A.™ officials for guidance, ability to use the C.O.B.R.A.™ name and its material, and be listed as an official C.O.B.R.A.™ facility for as long you are an official C.O.B.R.A.™ licensee.
Why should I become a licensed C.O.B.R.A.™ Instructor?
How do C.O.B.R.A.™ licensees benefit from being a part of the C.O.B.R.A.™ network? The short answer: they get everything they need to be successful. The long answer:
- 24 hour access to hours of videos and instruction covering all C.O.B.R.A.™ teaching components including scenarios and drills, car abductions, live demos, individual techniques, sound bites, the mental components of self-defense and more.
- 24 hour access to hours of videos and information walking you through the thirteen C.O.B.R.A.™ programs such as the 10 Week Academy, 1 Day Survival Camp. Teen & Campus Safety, Child Abduction Prevention, Real Estate Safety and more.
- 24 hour access to professionally-designed and written C.O.B.R.A.™ marketing materials.
- 24 hour access to detailed marketing information helping you build leads, transition students to other programs, gain an audience via social media, use advertising wisely and more. But not only do licensees have access to this information, they also have 24 hour access to professionally-developed, custom tools to put that info into action fast.
- Get live, hands-on consulting for your C.O.B.R.A.™ business from Chris Sutton and other business leaders including our Global network of COBRA Directors.
- Sell exclusive C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense merchandise. Instruction material, books, DVD, apparel and other gear are ready for you to profit from.
- You will be listed as an official C.O.B.R.A.™ training facility on the Global APP and on the official "Find A C.O.B.R.A.™ Training Facility" database as well as in other marketing channels. We help you generate leads.
- Receive certified C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense instructor diplomas
- Gain access and automatic instructor discounts for exclusive C.O.B.R.A.™ training seminars and webinars.
- Network with other C.O.B.R.A.™ licensees.
- Be an early leader in an exciting fast growing market segment.
- Great on-going licensee service.